Dr. Singh has written over 400 papers in materials science and engineering journals (Science, Physical Review B,, Applied Physics Letters, Journal of Materials Research, Materials Science and Engineering B, etc.) and Conference Proceedings. Published over 32 original, principal author papers in Applied Physics Letters and 7 papers published in Physical Review B. He has over 4600 citations and has an h-index of 41.
List of Significant Publications:
1. R. K. Singh, D. R. Gilbert, J. Fitz-Gerald, S. Harkness and D-G Lee, "Engineered Interfaces for Adherent Diamond Coatings on Large Thermal-expansion Coefficient Mismatched Substrates," Science, 272, 396-398 (1996). Times Cited: 50
2. R. K. Singh and J. Narayan, "Pulsed-laser Evaporation Technique for Deposition of Thin Films: Physics and Theoretical Model," Physical Review B, 41, 8843-8859 (1990). Times Cited: 530
3. R. K. Singh, O. W. Holland and J. Narayan, "Theoretical Model for Deposition of Superconducting Thin Films Using Pulsed Laser Evaporation Technique," Journal of Applied Physics, 68, 233-247 (1990). Times Cited: 160
4. J. Narayan, N. Biunno, R. K. Singh, O. W. Holland and O. Auchiello, "Formation of Superconducting Thin Films by Laser Processing Method," Applied Physics Letters, 51, 1845-1847 (1987). Times Cited: 153
5. R. K. Singh, J. Narayan, A. K. Singh and J. Krishnaswamy, "In Situ Processing of Epitaxial Y-Ba-Cu-O High Tc Superconducting Thin Films on (100) SrTiO3 and (100) YS-ZrO2 Substrates at 500-650oC," Applied Physics Letters, 54, 2271-2273 (1989). Times Cited: 130
6. S. L. Jones, D. Kumar, R. K. Singh and P. H. Holloway, “Luminscence of Pulsed Laser Deposited Eu Doped Yttrium Oxide Thin Films,” Applied Physics Letters, 71, 404-407 (1997). Times Cited: 168
7. K-G Cho, D. Kumar, P. H. Holloway and R. K. Singh, “Luminescence Behavior of Pulsed Laser Deposited Eu: Y2O3 Thin Film Phosphors on Sapphire Substrates,” Applied Physics Letters, 73 (21), 3058-3060 (1998). Times Cited: 100
8. Y. Rabinovich, J. Adler, A. Ata, R. K. Singh and B. M. Moudgil, “Adhesion Between Nanoscale Surfaces: I. Role of Asperity Geometry,” Journal of Colloid and Interfacial Science, 232,10-16 (2000). Times Cited: 98
9. Y. Rabinovich, J. Adler, A. Ata, R. K. Singh and B. Moudgil, “Adhesion Between Nanoscale Surfaces: II. Measurement and Comparison with Theory,” Journal of Colloid and Interfacial Science, 232, 17-24 (2000). Times Cited: 8710. R. K. Singh, S. M. Lee, K. S. Choi, G. B. Basim, W. S. Choi, Z. Chen, B. M. Moudgil, "Fundamentals of slurry design for CMP of metal and dielectric materials", MRS Bulletin, 27, 10, 752-760 (2002) Times Cited: 50
Books and Guest Editorships: (Edited 5 books & Guest Editor of 5 Journal Issues)
1. R. K. Singh, D. Norton, J Cheung and J. Narayan and L.D. Laude , Eds "Laser Processing of Materials: Fundamentals and Advanced Applications, MRS Proceedings Vol 397, Pittsburgh, PA, 1996
2. N. M. Ravindra and R.K. Singh,"Transient Thermal Processing of Materials", TMS, Warrendale April. 1996
3. K. Gonsalves, M. Baraton, J.. Chen, J. Akkara, R. K. Singh and H. Hofmann , "Surface Controlled Nanoscale and Microscale Materials for High Value Added Applications, MRS Proceedings Vol 501 , Pittsburgh, PA, March 1998
4 .R.K. Singh, D. Lowdnes, J. Narayan, D. Chrisey , T. Kawai, and E. Fogarassy, Editors, Advances in Laser Ablation of Materials?, MRS Proceedings for Spring 1998 .
5. R. K. Singh and D. Kumar, "Advances in Pulsed Laser Deposition of Thin Films", Kluwer publishers, (1998)
1. Guest Editor of September 1994, Vol 23 issue of Journal of Electronic Materials titled " Novel Issues in Photonic Materials"
2. Guest Editor of Jan,96, Vol 1 issue of Journal of Electronic Materials titled "Ion and Laser Beam Processing of Electronic Materials?
3. Guest Editor of Materials Science and Engr. B, on Laser Processing of Electronic Materials, Jan 1997
4. Guest Editor of November 1997 Issue of Journal of Electronic Materials on ?Low Energy Beam Processing of materials.?
5. Guest Editor of September 1998 Issue of Journal of Electronic Materials on ?Chemical-Mechanical Polishing of Semiconductors.
Selected Patents: [from >30 patents and >50 disclosures]
Invited and Contributed Talks:
Copyrighted Software: (2 copyrighted
Please send your comments, suggestions, or
corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2000 Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Florida